Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wild life















   
The promised bear picture.  Not the best - too much undergrowth.  He was only about 20 feet from me.  Not at all afraid of me.  Nor me of him, for that matter.

These tiny little guys were all over the trail for several days - bright orange.  I'm sure I stepped on a few.  Oops.

Also, not afraid of hikers.  In fact, I think she wanted lunch.

Beautiful.  Somebody told me what kind it was - can't remember.  Something like a Friary? Hmmm.

This was in the shelter I was going to stay in.  Stayed in my toncho instead.  We named him "Rod".  He was as big as my hand.  *gulp*

Saw several box turtles too.  So cute. 

I think I posted a picture with ME and the wild ponies.  Well, this is a pony toying with two hiker dogs.  Very funny.  If they got too far away, the pony would slow down so they could catch up.  

Another beautiful butterfly.

Stayed at a farm.  The night before they killed a few chickens for dinner.  This one survived so I could take its picture.  I think it seems lonely?

This rat snake was eye to eye with me, sitting in a tree.  He wasn't bothered by me snapping pictures.  I think he's trying to pose.

There are some big slugs down south!  Ewwww.

The air was deafening with the cicada song.  But within a week it was all done.  They were born, ate, mated, and died.  Here's a shell of one.

And, of course, the wildest animal of all on the Trail... hikers!!!!  Yikes!  Here we are in a hostel.  I think most of us were showered at that point.  We still smelled.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff...keep it coming. Still have you in my prayers my friend. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete