Wednesday, May 1, 2013

And because I'm having fun posting pictures...

... you get more.  This time of what I see on the hike.

What YOU think I see when I'm hiking...

What I actually see when I'm hiking. It keeps me from faceplanting on the Trail quite so often (only one faceplant so far).
A gorgeous morning to start hiking

A large shelter.  This is what we hunkered down in during the ice storm.

Sometimes the trail is really rocky - the blazes may even be on the rocks instead of the trees.

How many ridges do you see?  How many ridges must we climb?  Yup, all of them.

Sometimes the trail looks like this.  So many ecosystems, depending on elevation and location.

Sometimes the trail looks like this.  Yeah, no joke. 

Looking down on the Nolichucky River from Lover's Leap (one of them at least)

Sometimes the Trail meanders through cow pastures.

Sometimes, you move a few feet off the Trail to get right to the edge.
Me in my tent last night.  First time I camped absolutely alone.  I slept pretty well despite the cloud that rolled in (see next picture).  Oy, this is a horrible pic of me, but I haven't showered in 5 days and just got done with 18 miles.  Not sure what excuse to use for my eyebrows though, oy.

This is the cloud I slept in last night.  It dropped rain, but it didn't actually rain.  This picture was taken on the Trail as I got above the cloud itself.  That was awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment