Thursday, May 30, 2013

More Pictures

OK, sorry, can't figure out why I can't turn the "sideways" ones right side up.  This is why I'm hiking instead of working on computers.  It's much simpler.
Double D, me and his 2 dogs - Dixie & Diesel 
I just have to take pictures of ducks on every trip I take.  I have now fulfilled my obligation to the duck god.

Pony!!!!!  It's actually full grown - the wild shetland ponies of Grayson Highlands.  I fed them my gorp, and a carrot I found on the Trail.

Home, Sweet Home.

Nevermind, I chose home to be my "toncho" that night instead of the shelter - very nice sleep. "Toncho" is a cross between a rain poncho and a tent - very versatile piece of sil-nylon.

This is Buckeye Cornelius - hiker extraordinaire, and doubles as Trail  Angel.  Thanks for all the help, Buckeye!

Trail Days!  This is Rocky and Jade - from Milwaukee!!!  We all danced up a storm.   I met them hiking a few days before Trail Days.

Also at Trail Days.  I'm sitting on the world's shortest tunnel.  But it's still a long way down.  Yup, this is also a fashion statement (crocs with a sun dress - at least I'm not wearing socks too)

Woods Hole Hostel.  This was my hiker vortex.  I could have stayed there forever.  Amazing food.  Check out their website... right now.

McAfee's Knob - this is my "hiker pose".  Are you convinced?  

Mom, this pic is for you.  Don't worry, I was perfectly safe.  Ummm, yeah.  Elevation is only 3197 feet.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, those last 2 pictures make me really super nervous. UGH!!!! (LeslyV)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool. We are all following your posts. You go Sarah!

    Cousin Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steve! It means so much that so many friends and family are following my progress. THAT is very cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete