Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Manna from Heaven

I often say the "Trail always provides."  By that, I hope you all know that I mean "God always provides."  No matter what happens, no matter what I need (or even just sometime want), the Trail provides what I need.  And since I can't carry much with me, I can only deal with my needs in short spans of time.  I can't worry about where I will sleep in 3 days or how I will hitch into the next town.  But the Trail always provides for the next several hours (or maybe next 1-2 days) at a time.

Yesterday, I needed medical attention.  The Trail provided a side trail to get down to the highway 12 miles sooner than I was going to get to a road crossing.  It was also the first time I would need to hitch alone... which made me a little nervous.  It only took me about 10 minutes to get 2 very nice guys to get me to the ER.  I didn't know where I was going to sleep last night.  I have a cousin I have never met that lives near where I am, but we were planning to meet the following day, 12 miles further down the road, and he wasn't sure if I could stay overnight or not (something to do with the landlord's rules).  I called, and he was able to work it so I could stay at his place last night.  Thank you Jake!!!!!

I had to go back to the ER this morning, but I didn't know where I would stay tonight.  One of the nurses offered to take me home while I healed up.  I know I have at least 2 nights with her and her husband, her cat and dog.  Time to sleep, heal, think, regroup, etc.  It's a quiet place where I can be alone, but I'm not alone.  The Trail provided.

I'm writing this at the nurse's breakfast nook table.  My back is very sore from the incision that was used to get out the infection, so I'm going to keep this post a little shorter than usual.

But here's what I've learned constantly on the Trail.  God provides for our needs and our wants.  He does so in ways we would never expect.  There are angels among us that God puts in our path just for us, or us for them.  We are the manna to provide for the next several hours in someone else's life.  Or others are the manna for us.  Look at the lilies of the field; they don't work or worry, but they are always provided for.  Sure, some die sooner.  Some get diseased.  Some get picked and put in a vase on a kitchen table.  That is still provision.  That is still grace.  It's still manna that we receive from angels each and every day of our own Trail.

And thank you to all who have reached out in your concern and prayers and thoughts.    If I haven't responded to your texts, I do apologize.  I spent a lot of time at the hospital on the phone with family, and my phone died before I could call/respond to everyone.  And now, I only have access to the computer.  There is no cell service at the nurse's/angel's house.  But that's ok.  The Trail provides!

Please pray for my back.  It is very sore and there is a very deep incision that needs to heal that is right where my hip belt sits on my pack (and most of the weight).  We are working on some potential ideas of how I could pad around the wound so I can keep hiking sooner than later.  So, I'm staying with a nurse and a carpenter.  How much better can it get?  But I still would love your prayers for quicker (ummm, miraculous?) healing. 

3 comments:

  1. Praying my friend. Great story, yes our God is an awesome God one that WILL take care of all our needs. Blessings to those that have blessed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my prayers are with you Sarah.get well we're all thinking of you. God will guide you during the rest of your journey. You are never alone. Your cousin Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my prayers and will be sharing this with my prayer group. I have been thinking a lot lately about how God has always provided me with the things that I (and my family) need... it's so powerful to read about how he is providing for you on your journey. I wish you the best and hope that you're feeling better soon! Thank you for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete