Monday, April 8, 2013

Worth the Weight

Just a quick post since I have a little time before the shuttle takes me back to the Trail.  This morning we were treated to free pancakes and bacon breakfast at First Baptist Church in Franklin.  They had several pamphlets, lightweight bibles and other books free for the taking.  I noticed VitaminC took a copy of Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.  I talked up the book because it's one of Lewis' finest in my opinion, and a good one for folks wanting to learn about Christianity.  I don't know where Vita-C's faith is, but the fact that he took the book to read intrigued me.  It occurred to me that I haven't read that book in many years and have sort of forgotten what's in it.  So I decided to grab a copy for myself.  That way, if the opportunity arises, I can maybe talk with Vita-C iffn' he wants.  HoneyBadger and Kowabunga also wanted to read along with Vita-C and have an "AT Book Club" around the shelters at night.  I can always leave the copy after I read it at a shelter for someone else to pick up.  I'm hoping it will be worth the weight of carrying it, perhaps just to be an oasis for someone searching. 

Also, my original hiking partners (Yeti and Squatch) caught up with me.  They got a shuttle into town yesterday afternoon and spent the night in the same inn as me.  It was nice to see them.  They have to get a little gear today so they will be getting a slightly later start than me, but it's great to see we're all about the same pace. 

Life is very good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment